|The 300992 Trailing Cone Research Reports
Trailing Cone Research Reports Assist in RVSM Certification Efforts
PALMDALE, CALIFORNIA USA -- Compiled over 9 months, the 300992 trailing cone research reports are now shipping from SpaceAge Control. Developed in response to ICAO and FAA RVSM certification requirements, the 300992 trailing cone research reports are a 500-page compilation of seven key research documents on aircraft static source calibration and trailing cone design, testing, and use.
The research reports provide flight test personnel with trailing cone design, test, and use information. In addition, operational guidelines and flight test procedures are provided. The reports are based on hundreds of hours of test and analysis. The information contained in the reports will significantly reduce the time required for flight test personnel to get educated about static source calibration, trailing cones, and flight tests for RVSM certification.
The trailing cone research reports may be particularly useful for aircraft maintenance, avionics installation, and aircraft modification firms who are contracted to upgrade aircraft to comply with RVSM regulations.
The 300992 trailing cone research reports consist of these documents:
- Shrager, Jack J., "Limited Survey of Commercial Jet Aircraft Altimeter System Position Error by Pacer with Trailing Cone", Federal Aviation Agency, National Aviation Facilities Experimental Center, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA, December 1964 (Report No. RD-64-157).
- DeLeo, Richard V. and Hagan, Floyd W., "Flight Calibration of Aircraft Static Pressure Systems", Federal Aviation Agency Contract FA64WA-5025, Rosemount Engineering Company, Minneapolis, Minnesota USA, January 1966 (Report No. RD-66-3).
- Russell, William M., "Trailing Cone Tests in Large Turbojet", Federal Aviation Agency, Systems Research and Development Service, Washington, DC USA, March 1966 (Report No. RD-66-15).
- Shrager, Jack J., "Test of Trail Cone System to Calibrate Static Ports for Barometric Altimeters", Federal Aviation Agency, National Aviation Facilities Experimental Center, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA, December 1964 (Report No. RD-64-156).
- Brown, Edward N., "Position Error Calibration of a Pressure Survey Aircraft Using a Trailing Cone", National Center for Atmospheric Research, Atmospheric Technology Division, Boulder, Colorado, USA, July 1988 (NCAR/TN-313).
- Jordan, Jr., Frank L. and Ritchie, Virgil S., "Subsonic Wind-Tunnel Tests of a Trailing-Cone Device for Calibrating Aircraft Static-Pressure Systems", NASA, Langley Research Center, Hampton, Virginia USA, May 1973 (TN D-7217).
- Barnes, C. S., "Flight Assessment of a Douglas Trailing-Cone Static-Pressure Probe at Subsonic Speeds", Royal Aircraft Establishment, Ministry of Technology, Farnborough, Hants UK, July 1969 (Technical Report 69139).
SpaceAge Control's 100100 and 100101 trailing cones were developed in part based on information from the 300992 trailing cone research reports. Data sheet for the trailing cones are available at s002b and s002b1.
SpaceAge Control designs and manufactures miniature position transducers (displacement sensors) and air data products used in a broad array of demanding applications ranging from medical devices to factory automation equipment to manned space vehicles. The ISO 9001-compliant company was started in 1968 and is located in Palmdale, California USA.
# # #
- Photo caption is "The 300992 trailing cone research reports help flight test personnel with aircraft RVSM certification and static source calibration efforts.".
Tom Anderson, Application Development Manager
SpaceAge Control, Inc.
38850 20th Street East
Palmdale, CA 93550 USA
661-273-3000 Ext. 102, 661-273-4240 (fax)